Work of Art

So, I'm still working through my must-haves (aka wish list) from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue.  And one of those must-haves was the Work of Art stamp set.  I've seen so many gorgeous cards out there in Pinterest and blogland, that I knew I wanted it too.  And luckily I earned myself a free stamp set (one of the perks of joining Stampin' Up!), so ordered it I did.

And when I had to make a stack of cards to send my friends and family, thank you cards for spoiling me on my birthday, well I knew I just had to use this set!

So for these cards, I was totally inspired by the work of Stamping with Sandi, so I got straight into it!


I used the new In Colors of Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon.  My butterflies and flowers were punched out from scraps of Baja Breeze CS (long retired but never forgotten!).



The swirl was from the Everything Eleanor stamp set and stamped in black (Memento ink). I've added little gems to the punch outs too.


I used Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon for this card.  I stamped off the Lost Lagoon ink first onto a scrap of paper, as I didn't want the stamped image to be too dark.  The Blackberry Bliss ink shows beautifully the effect of ombre, by repeat stamping WITHOUT re-inking!


So here's what I used:
Stamps: Work of Art & Everything Eleanor
Papers: Whisper White & Lost Lagoon CS
Inks: Memento Black, Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon & Hello Honey
Accessories: Butterfly punch, Itty Bitty punch & gems.

If you follow the links through to Stamping with Sandi, there is also a downloadable PDF with instructions for these cards.  Excellent!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips