Convention Swap 1

Well, it's been a whole week since the Stampin' Up! convention in Melbourne ended and I returned home, so its high time to share my swaps that I made!!

So my first swap was based on one of the designs in the current (well 2013-2014) Stampin' Up! catalogue which will be retiring soon.

The colour combination used by SU was Soft Suede, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Summer Starfruit.  So that was the combination I tried:

I pulled out my Papaya Collage stamp set, a favourite stamp set but not one I use very often.  I started by stamping the frame in Summer Starfruit and then the elements.  I used post-it notes to mask the frames so I could stamp the leaves in Pool Party.

 

But I wasn't so keen on the Summer Starfruit colour on this card, it just wasn't working for me (and I LOVE Summer Starfruit), so I decided to try Crushed Curry.  Much better!


You can see how they look side by side.  Really hard to choose which tone of yellow I prefer sometimes!


 I stamped the butterfly in Wisteria Wonder and hand cut them out.  Ouch, didn't like doing lots of those!!  I added a bow of twine and a little gem too.  And as you can see I made quite a few of these little swaps (note when making swaps, you only make the card front).  I was really pleased with how these card swaps went.  Sad to see them go, thank goodness for pictures!!




So here's what I used:
Stamps:  Papaya Collage & Express Yourself
Card: Whisper White CS
Inks: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Smokey Slate, Wisteria Wonder, Summer Starfruit & Crushed Curry
Accessories: Linen Thread & Rhinestone gem 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips