Turning 40 too!

So yesterday I shared the card I made for a friend for her fortieth.  Now it's time to show the card I made for her husband who also turned 40 in the same week.  This time I took a male-themed card that I had prepared earlier and adapted it also for a 40th card.



This card uses the Sale-a-Bration set 'Feeling Sentimental' for the great image of the Penny farthing bicycle (I think that's what it is called).  I've also used Early Espresso Core'd'nations paper which when embossed with the HoneyComb folder, revealed the 'core' paper inside adding to the distressed look!


I've stamped the bicycle onto Very Vanilla CS which I have torn to give the distressed look.  I've added a strip of Chocolate Chip embossed CS cut into a banner shape and a scrap of blue for the background of the sentiment.  A couple of brads and the card was done.

To make the card into a 40th card, I of course, just added 40.  This time die cut with Soft Suede CS.


So moral of the story.  When you need two cards for special birthdays like the Big 40, just take two cards and make them look 40!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips