Star Wars

Well, my kindy-kid son Matthew, seems to be on a roll at the moment with all the birthday parties he is being invited too.  When it comes to boys aged 5 to 6, well punch art is a bit of a winner.  Although DinoRoar is my favourite standby kit for boys.

So when Matthew was invited to a Star Wars themed birthday party, well I turned to a Google Images search for Star Wars punch art.  Incredibly there wasn't much to be found except for R2D2, the little robot from the original Star Wars!

So I grabbed some punches, some scissors and silver ink and set to work!


Sadly I threw out all my measurements (bugger bugger), I wanted to keep them handy in case I should need to make R2D2 again.  But I think you can get the general idea of the shapes used to create the card!


I've used the small circle punch to make the wheels, just by cutting off two sides.  In fact, the wheels were the same size as the two circles on R2D2's front before I trimmed them down.


I've also used up some scraps of Raspberry Ripple CS to make the stripes on the bottom of the card, and stamped the number five in Raspberry Ripple.  I've used the binder punch (long since retired) to add interest to the bottom of the Crumb Cake CS. 

So here's what I used:
Stamps: Memorable Moments & Perfectly Penned
Inks: Early Espresso & Raspberry Ripple inks, silver (metallic) ink
Papers: Pacific Point, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White & Basic Black textured, & Crumb Cake CS
Other: Petite Curly Label, Binder & Circle Punches, Sponge Daubers and glue

To see the original of this card, be sure to check this card I pinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips