Acetate

So I've joined in on another challenge, see this post for my last try!  I know, risk-taking behaviour for sure!  But this time, I think I'm on time.  I hope.  Hold on I had better go check ........  Yep, all good.  It's another challenge over at Crafters Anonymous.  February's challenge is to use Acetate!

So I decided to try something daring.  .....  Well it is daring for me (wink wink)!! An acetate overlay.  In theory, I was going to stamp the French Script stamp all over and emboss with white.  Hmmm, seems acetate melts or warps with the heat.  See risk-taking, daring behaviour already (lol)!  So I just tried stamping with White craft ink instead.

I did leave it for a good hour or so to dry.  Even more probably as I was at my Sunday crafting session and it was ALL day of fun!  I did manage to rub some of the inked words off though.  Adds to that vintage look, maybe.

I've used the new gorgeous lace from the new Artisan Embellishment Kit.  Isn't it gorgeous.  I've used Whisper White bakers twine to fasten the lace to the card, and tied off with a gorgeous faceted button also from the kit.


To fasten the whole acetate layer onto the card base of Island Indigo, I used four vintage brads.  Too easy!

One thing I've learnt, is that using acetate overlays are quite difficult to photograph.  That's my pink and white striped tshirt in the background of this photo.  I tried taking photos inside and outside to see if I could achieve a reflection-free result.  Not really.  Side on was better though!


I've stamped two butterflies onto Whisper White cardstock with Early Espresso ink and used my blender pens to colour in with Peach Parfait & Tangerine Tango.  Glue dots to put them on.  Presto it was done.  I'm quite happy with the card.  I haven't finished the inside yet (that bit is still naked).  But it will be a birthday card when it's done.  You can almost see the tiny birthday sentiment I used!

So here's the products I used:
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, French Script & Happiest Birthday Wishes
Inks: Whisper White Craft ink, Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango & Peach Parfait Classic ink
Papers: Island Indigo & Whisper White CS
Other: Acetate, Artisan Embellishment Kit (lace & button), vintage brads, bakers twine & glue dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips